Experience American culture and home life independently and improve your English language skills.
Explore U.S. culture firsthand, in a true immersion experience!
Interested in experiencing American culture and home life, while also improving your English language skills? The Individual Homestay Program is an ideal exchange program for individuals comfortable traveling from their home country unaccompanied and exploring the U.S. independently in their host community.
With CCI Greenheart, experience a full immersion program designed to be fun, engaging and educational. We’ll provide you with the support and freedom to create your own independent adventure.
- Room and board with a volunteer American host family
- Orientation provided by the CCI Greenheart local coordinator
- Support and supervision from a CCI Greenheart local coordinator
- Airport transfers to/from nearest airport to homestay community
- Invitation letter for the tourists visa, if required
Additional Program Options
- Volunteer: This option includes placement with a volunteer organization one of the following fields: environment, animal welfare, education, social work, or arts/culture.
- Language Buddy: Tutor a host family in your native language for five hours a week and receive a modest discount from the usual fee.
- Must be 15 years or older
- Basic English language skills at a conversational level
- Mature enough to feel comfortable traveling alone, being alone during the day, and sight-seeing independently
- Willingness to become a member of an American family
- Sign and abide by the CCI Greenheart Conditions of Participation
Independent Homestay Programs are available throughout the U.S. Participants may select their top three regions from our regional map.