What is included in program price?
- Residential accommodation (double occupancy) on a boarding school campus
- 24-hour supervision by Greenheart Exchange staff
- Three (3) meals per day
- 16 hours per week of English as a second language (ESL) classes
- Leadership training through Greenheart Exchange curriculum
- All ESL course books and learning materials
- Sheets, blankets, pillows and towels (linen change)
- Two full-day excursions each week
- Daily activities on campus
- Multiple Greenheart volunteer opportunities
- Accident and medical insurance
- Certificate of Completion provided at end of the summer program
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure days provided arrival or departure time is between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Visa support letter, if applicable
- Students should bring spending money for additional food and souvenirs. Students should not carry more than $100 of cash; if your child needs to withdraw money a counselor can take them to an ATM machine.
What does campus look like?
Click on the gallery to the right under “Highlights” to see views of campus indoor and outdoor spaces.
Does my child need a visa to enter the US?
Please inquire with the nearest US Embassy in your country to determine tourist visa requirements for your country of origin. Participants do not qualify for a student visa for this program.
Do I need to purchase travel medical insurance for my child?
No, medical insurance is included in the cost of the program for your child. However, there are some exclusions. Please contact the Program Manager for more information.
Who will receive my child when he/she arrives to the airport?
A Greenheart English Camp staff member will meet each student at the airport upon arrival (we can only guarantee this service if students arrive between the hours of 9-17:00). Students will be greeted upon exiting customs and immigration.
How will I know that my child has arrived safely to camp?
Once every student has arrived to the Greenheart Exchange English Camp campus, Program Manager Lexy Deustch will send you an email. Your child will have access to the internet and will be asked to contact you within 24 hours of arriving to campus.
Can my child arrive early or depart late?
No, your child must arrive on the set arrival and departure date—there are no exceptions to this rule. Staff will not be on campus until the arrival day and will leave campus as soon as the last student has departed.
Can I or a guardian drop-off and pick-up my child?
Yes, if you are traveling with your child or you have a friend or relative in the area you may have this person escort your student to campus. Please tell Greenheart Exchange of your plans and you can make special arrangements regarding when your child can be dropped-off and picked-up.
Can my child have visitors?
Yes, but they must be arranged prior to the start of the program. Greenheart Exchange does not allow students to miss class or sleep off-campus. Greenheart Exchange requires paperwork to be completed in order for the visit to be approved. Please contact Greenheart Exchange to complete the required document. More information on this policy is included in the handbook.
When will my child know his or her roommate assignment?
Room assignments are provided on the first day of camp. Greenheart Exchange does its best to separate friends and native speakers of the same language.
Do you have a packing list?
Do you have a handbook?
You will receive a handbook upon acceptance.
Can my child bring electronics?
Greenheart Exchange is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items so it is best to leave electronics at home. If your child would like to bring a smart phone, iPod or iPad or tablet and take advantage of the Wi-F1 this is fine. Please be advised that internet will be limited and you should not expect to hear from your child every day. More information on this policy is included in the handbook.