Get a taste of the host family experience by hosting an international student over the summer.
Each year hundreds of international students come to the U.S. on our Short-term Cultural Exchange programs. While some travel in a group, others travel independently, yet they are all visiting the U.S. to experience American culture and to improve their English language skills.
Hosting one of these students is a great way to get a taste of what it’s like to be a host family. Greenheart Exchange seeks families in various communities in the U.S. to host a few short weeks during the summer or over a holiday break.
Short-term Hosting Basics
- Choose a student who is traveling as part of the Group Homestay program, or an individual with the Individual Homestay program.
- The majority of students come during the summer months (June, July, August) and most families host between one and four weeks
- Students come from several countries throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America
- All participants travel on the B-1/2 Tourist Visa and come with their own spending money and medical insurance.
- Fill out the inquiry form and let us learn a little about yourself.
- A Greenheart Exchange Local Coordinator who lives in your area will contact you to answer your questions and provide you more information about the hosting experience.
- Complete an online application.
- Meet your local coordinator in-person.
- Select your exchange student.
- Get ready for the experience of a lifetime!