Thank you for your interest in working with us. We are pleased that you are considering joining our diverse group of employees who all share a passion for international student exchange.
(updated June 25, 2015)
Department: Greenheart International
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 40 hours
Location: 712 N. Wells, Chicago, IL
- Posting of all incoming program payments to QuickBooks Accounts Receivable, including cash, check, and credit card payments
- Recording of all program billing to QuickBooks Accounts Receivable, including review of all internal invoicing created by program managers and sent to partners via email
- Send statements, inquiries, and reports for Outstanding A/R and manage the write-off for non-collectibles process
- Recording of all program billing, credit memos, and commission payments or refunds to QuickBooks Accounts Receivable, including review of all Salesforce invoicing created by program managers and sent to partners and emailed to individual customers
- Review and analysis of GL accounts, specifically the Deferred Revenue Account as related to partner/customer billing, including pass-through expenses, the Reimbursable Account as related to partner billing
- Recording of all program SEVIS payments directly through the Greenheart operating account as related to auto-debits by the Department of State
- Initiating and recording of any and all outgoing domestic and international wire transfers as they are requested
- Bank reconciliation and analysis for CCI Greenheart Wire Accounts, including Greenheart Shop
- Record daily deposits; credit card receipts; and bank and credit card fees
- Recording Greenheart Shop batch transactions & Deposits
- Other duties as assigned as needed
- Assists accounts payable process and related entries
- Knowledge of QuickBooks required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience in accounts payable and receivable required
- Accounting experience in a non-profit setting preferred
- Passion for the Greenheart mission and vision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Organizational and data-entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness
Compensation: $17 per hour
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to William Abraham at wabraham(AT)ccigreenheart(DOT)org
Employer Relations Specialist – Work and Travel
Start Date: Summer 2015 season (May – July 2015)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: 746 N LaSalle Drive, Chicago, IL
Within CCI Greenheart, the Work and Travel (WT) Department has J-1 designation by the U.S. Department of State to bring international university students to the United States on a cultural exchange program that allows them to work for a period of 8 weeks to 4 months. CCI Greenheart’s WT program is dedicated to extending the mission of cultural understanding, environmental consciousness and world peace by connecting enthusiastic international students and American Host Organizations. As the only non-profit green J-1 visa sponsor, we pride ourselves on providing a quality experience, while encouraging and enabling CCI Greenheart staff, participants and Host Organizations to work together on projects that promote environmentalism and sustainability.Duties:
- Focus on large scale, high profile employers for the placement of CCI Greenheart Work & Travel Program
- Use a variety of prospecting methods, follow up on qualified leads, network at industry conferences and cold-calling
- Ensure all placements meet CCI high standards, based on pre-approval procedures. Maintain professional and consistent interaction with all program stakeholders
- Contribute to the betterment of CCI Greenheart WT promotional items, templates and presentations for recruitment/marketing purposes, as well as portfolio/marketing photos and testimonials
- Attend and contribute to bi-weekly recruitment meetings. Serve as the contact for conferences, chambers of commerce, local social events and other industry happenings. Responsible for all elements involved in the planning, cost tracking and follow up of trips as well as always representing CCI Greenheart in a positive, professional manner
- Meet numbers outlined in program goals
- Effectively communicate with Supervisor regarding potential suggestions or concerns
- Ensure that CCI Greenheart further establish ourselves as ‘experts in the industry’, including but not limited to influences that directly impact the industry such as immigration reform and other
- Help us control our message to stakeholders while cutting to the chase of ‘what this means to you’
- Contribute to Immigration Reform Committee.
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience in the Work and Travel industry, with a proven track-record of excellence, client recruitment and retention, as well as direct experience using Salesforce (candidates should not apply if they do not meet these requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Understanding of CCI Greenheart’s mission
- Applicant should be a proactive, diligent, positive and creative self starter; possess great work ethic and excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail, working knowledge of databases and commitment to keeping data entry up to speed
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail and to work in an exhilarating and fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact within groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and 2 recommendations to Kaitlyn Peters at kpeters(AT)ccigreenheart(DOT)org.
Regional Manager Position – J-1 High School Program
Hours: 20+ hours/week
Location: Work from homeCCI Greenheart is seeking individuals with previous work experience as a, Area Coordinator, Regional Manager/Director or similar level within a cultural exchange organization. Applicants without prior experience in the industry will not be considered. (If that is the case, please consider CCI Greenheart’s independent contractor Local Coordinator position.) CCI Greenheart has J-1 visa designation by the U.S. Department of State to bring international high school students to the United States through our High School Programs, to live with volunteer host families. The Regional Manager position is a crucial leadership position within the High School Programs department, by supervising a team of 10-20 Local Coordinators, and 25-50+ exchange students every year.Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build and supervise a team of Local Coordinators (independent contractors) to facilitate the placing of exchange students with volunteer host families, who will attend high school for a semester or full academic year.
- Lead the regional team of field staff to ensure timely placement of all students assigned to the region, and that the proper documentation for the placement has been supplied through CCI Greenheart’s database.
- Create a development plan for the region, which includes a regional training meeting for LCs.
- Maintain compliance with Department of State regulations by providing the necessary documentation via the database for all students placed in the region (proper host families, host family information forms and school permission forms, contact logs, etc)
- Work closely with the staff in the Chicago office through regular email, phone, and skype communication.
- Must have previous experience working with a cultural exchange organization (J-1 international high school students)
- Ability to lead and guide a dispersed team
- Self-motivated, creative and organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing personality and enthusiasm for international exchange
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite, eager to learn and use new technology, previous database skills a plus
- A genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
- Work from home
- National and international travel with CCI Greenheart to regional workshops and annual incentive conferences
- Salary increases as the Region grows
- Opportunity to change lives every day through international exchange, professional development and life-long friendships!
To Apply: email resume and cover letter to Megan Bhatia at mbhatia(AT)ccigreenheart(DOT)org. Please state your experience, and the current number of students and Local Coordinators that you are supervising.
Summer Group Coordinator – Short-term Groups and Homestays
Location: Work at home; around the U.S.CCI Greenheart seeks candidates in suburbs of major to mid-size cities to coordinate short-term Group Homestay Programs. We are actively seeking coordinators for summer 2014 groups in suburbs of the following cities:
- Chicago, IL
- Seattle, WA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Boston, MA
- New York (NYC area and Upstate NY)
- Philadelphia, PA
- Los Angeles, CA
On the Group Homestay Program, approximately 10 – 20 international high school students come to the United States for a 2-4 week period with the goal of improving their English and getting to know American culture. Most groups arrive in summer but planning and recruitment of host families begins 4+ months prior. Learn more about this exciting cultural exchange opportunity and how to apply.
Local Coordinators in the U.S. – J-1 High School Program
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Throughout the U.S.We are looking for individuals who:
- are interested in counseling international youth
- enjoy talking to anyone and everyone in their community about cultural exchange
- are self-starters and passionate about wanting to change the world
- are at least 26 years of age
- have access to a computer and the internet
- have access to a car or public transportation
CCI Greenheart Local Coordinators (LC) make a significant impact on their local community by finding volunteer host families who are willing to host international exchange students. Learn more about this part-time opportunity and the incredible benefits both you and your community will receive when you become a CCI Greenheart Local Coordinator! Tell us you’re interested by completing the Local Coordinator Inquiry Form.
ESL Student Recruiter – Summer English Academy
The Summer English Academy (SEA) is a unique, three week, summer ESL camp designed exclusively for teenagers, with locations in New York State and Northern California. Student recruiters refer and provide initial screening to potential applicants. Recruiters receive a cash incentive for each student who is accepted and attends the program.
Type of Position: Contract position (not full-time employment)
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are currently teaching English or have taught English outside the U.S.
- Know teenage English language learners
- Have a connection with a language school or high school abroad
- Work at multinational corporations and can share program information with co-workers abroad
Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Marketing and Outreach Intern
Department: Work and Travel Department
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 20 hours/week, flexible
Location: Chicago, IL
Responsibilities of the Intern may include, but are not limited to:
Assisting with the marketing efforts of the Work and Travel Department:
- Develop the creative strategy for marketing materials and the project management of developing them with a graphic designer
- Research community information, track testimonials and update Job Fair Handbooks as well as other marketing materials
- Update the CCI Greenheart website and organize/maintain the photo library
Assisting with the outreach efforts of the Work and Travel Department
- Assist with social media platforms to ensure they are up-to-date and on trend
- Assistant with daily and weekly postings for Facebook
- Edit and draft bog postings to WordPress
- Update Flickr and YouTube accounts
- Research methods of interacting with stakeholders on social media outlets (i.e.: Google+, LinkedIn)
- Assist with general cultural program offering projects
Assisting in general duties for the Work and Travel Department
- Assist with the execution and follow up for various trips (Conferences/Tradeshows and Going Greenheart Tours)
- Assist with any urgent and unexpected items
- Assist with answering and transferring phone calls
- Perform an occasional data entry
- Track participant and employer testimonials
- Bachelor’s degree in progress or higher.
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking.
- Self-directed and flexible with an exceptional ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in an exhilarating and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact within groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds.
- Dedicated to cultural exchange, travel and/or have a passion for learning about other cultures.
- Outgoing personality with a willingness to learn.
- Strong work ethic and excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferences: Ability to speak a second language and/or have experience living abroad; knowledge of social media outlets; Photoshop proficiency.
Please send resume and cover letter to William Abraham at wabraham(AT)ccigreenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter is required for your application to be accepted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.