Work in Australia – Premium
Greenheart Travel’s program in Australia offers a job guarantee in Agriculture or Hospitality in the rural Outback area of Australia.
Upon arrival in Brisbane, you will be met by Greenheart Travel’s experienced and knowledgeable in-country partner and taken to a hostel in Brisbane to convert your electronic visa to a paper one. Afterwards you will be taken to Rainbow beach for 3 days of relaxation to get over your jetlag. Afterwards you will be taken to your host farm for a 5 day agriculture & hospitality course to learn the skills necessary for your new job.
- 1 night’s accommodation in Brisbane
- 3 nights at Rainbow for recovery, sun, surf, sea and sand
- 5 days agriculture & hospitality course, with all meals and accommodation included.
Dates and Deadlines
- Choose your program dates for any length up to 12 months
- Applications due 4 weeks prior to desired start date
- GUARANTEED job in Australia
- Bus tickets to Rainbow Beach and Springbrook Farm
- Restaurant Welcome Lunch in Goomeri
- Help with completing and setting up:
- Application for Tax File Numbers
- Application for Medicare cards
- Application for Bank accounts
- A 500km Greyhound Pass
- Free internet use at Springbrook Farm
- Help and advice throughout your stay in Australia
- Arrival orientation
- Work in Australia Handbook
- 24-hour emergency support and service
What's Not Included:
- Visa processing and fees (about $200USD- you can apply online for your visa)
- Medical/accident insurance (available for purchase through Greenheart Travel for $60/month)
- International airfare
- Return transfers
- Personal expenses
Potential Jobs after completion of orientation:
- Stock horse riding
- Tractor driving and operation
- Cattle work on horseback and on foot
- Fencing & chain saw work
- Outback, farm and rural safety, vehicle maintenance
- Rural pubs or hotels
- Teaching Distance Education
- Homestead helper work
- U.S. citizen (holding a U.S. passport valid for the length of your expected stay in Australia). Citizens from Ireland, the UK and Canada may also participate through a different visa program with similar structure and requirements. Ask us for details.
- Aged 18-30 (inclusive – you must apply for your visa before turning 31 according to Australian time)
- Must be physically present in the U.S. for the visa application process
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must have emergency accident/health insurance (can be purchased directly through Greenheart Travel for $49/month or $12/week- ask us for details)
Will I earn enough to support myself in Australia?
As a general rule of thumb, most Work & Holiday participants can expect to need about 50AUD (about $42 USD) per day for accommodation, food, transport and socializing. Additional perks: Keep in mind that if you work on a farm or at a resort, housing is often included or cheaper, and food is sometimes provided.
How to Apply
Please visit our Application Materials page for information on applying. Contact Greenheart Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-ABROAD1 for more information!
Looking to Teach English Abroad to Fund Your Travels?
Our teach abroad programs offer another way to earn a paycheck while living broad.