Teach in the Republic of Georgia
We are not currently accepting applications for the Teach in Georgia program due to recent government elections resulting in drastic changes and reductions to the TLG program. All positions are filled for the Spring 2013 semester. It is possible that we will begin accepting applications again this summer for the Fall 2013 start dates, but at this time we have no further information about a timeline or number of positions that will be available. We will post updates here and on our Facebook page as we receive them.
Teach English in the Republic of Georgia and live like a local while making a difference. Greenheart Travel has been in partnership with the Georgian Ministry of Education since the inception of the program in the summer of 2010. Since then, we have placed hundreds of enthusiastic and driven teachers in public school positions across this stunning Eurasian country. This unique initiative aspires to significantly improve English proficiency in Georgia, and hopes that the exchange of information, experiences and cultures will create important ties between Georgians and the rest of the world. Enjoy a complete immersion experience in a country rich in beauty, history and culture while teaching English abroad. This program is ideal for people with backgrounds in international development, those who considered the Peace Corps, or anyone looking to make a difference while experiencing other cultures.
Teaching Benefits and What’s Included
- FREE - No program fee
- 3-12 month contracts available depending on start date
- Monthly start dates
- $500 Lari (approx. USD$275) monthly salary*
- Pre-paid round trip flight
- Additional round trip flight and 24 days of paid vacation during winter or summer break (for two full semester contracts only - see Teaching Term Options )
- Host family accommodation and meals
- Georgian medical insurance (Optional additional travel insurance can be purchased through Greenheart Travel)
- 24 hour emergency support
- Step-by-step support throughout application process, including pre-departure orientation
- One week orientation upon arrival, including Georgian language, culture, history instruction, and basic ESL training/teaching methodology
- A discounted TEFL Certification course is offered through Greenheart Travel
- Work visas are provided
*Volunteers pay 100 Lari per month (~$55 USD) to their host family to help offset the expenses of their food and utilities.
Want to make a positive, long-lasting impact on your community? Is there a great project or idea in your new community that could use funding for further growth? Apply for a Greenheart Grant!
- Native English speaker
- Citizen of the EU, USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, or Australia
- Must have Bachelor's Degree
- Must be between the ages of 20-60
- Skype webcam interview, national level background check, and medical exam are required
- Any pre-existing conditions, whether mental or physical, may affect your eligibility as determined by the Georgian Ministry
- Applicants should be flexible, open-minded and adventurous
- Learn more about the Teach in Georgia program in our Frequently Asked Questions
In a recent article by Dan Fastenberg, he wrote; "Recruiters listed these skills as the hardest to find and the most important - Communication Skills, Positive Attitude, Adaptable to Change, Teamwork Skills, and Strategic Thinking & Analytics." Teaching abroad will give all these skills and more...
Sound like your kind of adventure? Learn more!
Picture Yourself in Georgia and Connect with Other Teachers
Join our Teach Abroad Facebook Group | Pictures from Georgia | Read our Teachers' Blogs
Looking for a short-term or summer teaching opportunity?
If you are interested in short-term teaching opportunities, please check out our new Language Exchange Homestay and Teach in Vietnam programs!