Work in New Zealand
Greenheart Travel’s Work in New Zealand program offers a working holiday visa for travelers who would like the opportunity to fund their travels while earning a paycheck. As a Work in New Zealand participant you have the opportunity to find a job in a variety of industries from agriculture and tourism, to retail and ski resorts. Greenheart Travel’s partner has professional relationships with trusted employers around New Zealand making our participants first in line for job opportunities. Packed into an area about the size of the state of Colorado, New Zealand has spectacular landscapes, lively cities and a peaceful countryside.
Upon arrival in Auckland, participants are met by Greenheart Travel’s in-country partner who will provide a comprehensive orientation, job placement assistance as well as a friendly face. A virtual tour of New Zealand and personal insights from in-country staff are the highlights of the arrival orientation. You will also learn how to:
- Find a job and format your resume into a CV (curriculum vitae)
- Open a bank account
- Travel around New Zealand
- Buy a car
- Find short or long term accommodation
- Apply for an IRD (New Zealand tax number)
- U.S. citizen (holding a U.S. passport) or Canadian citizen
- Aged 18-30
- Must be physically present in the U.S. for the visa application process
- Have a minimum amount of available funds for your maintenance during the period of stay (approx $3,000-$4,000USD, depending on your planned length of stay)
- Job assistance service, support and advice
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- 2 nights hostel accommodation (shared room) and 2 breakfasts
- Organized social events and activities
- Resources and support for finding permanent housing
- Arrival orientation
- Work New Zealand Handbook
- Rechargeable calling card
- 24-hour emergency support and service
What's Not Included:
- International airfare
- Medical and accident insurance
- Work & Holiday Visa fees (about $200)
- Lunch and dinner at hostel
- Housing costs and living expenses
- Return transfers
- Personal expenses
- Medical, accident and trip insurance (may be purchased separately from CCI for $49 USD/month or $12 USD/week)
With the support of our in-country partner, Greenheart Travel participants will have a variety of ways to search and secure a position in New Zealand. Services include:
Introduction to finding work: an overview of the basic types of jobs that are available around the country, required skills, resources to find a job and listings of current jobs available for immediate start around the country.
Job board: Available in the Auckland office of the in-country partner, the board is updated weekly by staff that scans the job market each week for jobs that would be suitable for working holiday participants. All listings on the board are also listed online so participants can access this wherever they are in the country.
Weekly newsletters: Unique and exciting job opportunities that come from local knowledge are emailed to participants weekly.
Dates and Deadlines
How to Apply
Please visit our Application Materials page for information on applying. Contact Greenheart Travel at email@example.com or call 1-888-ABROAD1 for more information!
Looking for a Guaranteed Job Placement to Fund Your Travels?
Are you looking for a way to get paid to travel but nervous about not having a job prior to arrival? Our teach abroad programs offer another way to get earn a paycheck while living broad.