Maasailand Community Development Volunteer Project
Greenheart Travel's volunteer program in Kenya allows you the unique opportunity to work alongside the Maasai community helping them to gain access to better education, income generating activities, food security and basic resources such as water. As a volunteer in Kenya you will learn about the fascinating Maasai way of life while working within their unique cultural and social context.
- Help schools acquire necessary supplies
- Construction/painting projects
- Volunteer in the medical dispensary
- Irrigation projects
- Workshops for women's groups and school children
- Assist women's groups with finding new markets to sell their crafts
- Youth sports
- Chicken coop/organic farming
- 2 weeks: $1365
- 4 weeks: $1,600
- 8 weeks: $2,500
*Subject to change
Deadline to Apply for a $100 Early Application Discount is March 1st for all programs beginning in 2013!
Along with gaining amazing life experiences, your program also includes:
- Accommodations in the volunteer guest house
- Culture & Etiquette guide book
- Medical/Accident insurance
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure and arrival orientations
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager and onsite volunteer staff
- Certificate of Completion upon request for successful completion of the program
Greenheart Travel also donates a portion of your fee to offset the carbon footprint of your travels. Learn more about how this carbon offset program is helping our project in Kenya!
Picture Yourself Volunteering Abroad in Kenya:
Want to make a positive, long-lasting impact on your community? Is there a great project or idea in your new community that could use funding for further growth? Apply for a Greenheart Grant!
2013 Program Dates:
Dates subject to change
May 13, 27
June 10, 24
July 15, 29
Aug. 5, 19
Application due 8 weeks prior to requested start date
Requirements to volunteer abroad in Kenya:
In researching a volunteer abroad program, you have already shown you are a leader and open-minded. These are just a few of the traits that our volunteers possess. You’re motivated to immerse yourself in another culture and flexible enough to live outside your comfort zone. You should also:
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Consent to criminal background check for volunteers 18 and older (Greenheart Travel will process this for U.S. citizens) - more information
- Willingness to help with any and all needs at the project
- Be in good physical and mental health - please note the environment can be very dusty and windy during the dry season
Want to learn more?
Looking to Improve Your Language Skills?