Teach in China
China is a country with an incredibly rich history and surprises around every corner. One of the most populous countries in the world makes China a thrilling, exciting and important country to live and work in. China is one of the most fascinating and awe-inspiring countries in the world and you have the opportunity to work as an English teacher here.
You will be fully supported in China with opportunities to learn Mandarin, explore the great outdoors, bask in history, and experience the incredible local sights, tastes and sounds.
There is no degree requirement or teaching experience necessary – just the desire to enhance your resume and experience true Chinese culture!
Program at a Glance
- Paid English teaching positions throughout China
- Two start dates per year
- No teaching experience or degree required!
- 4-6 Month Contracts
- Public and Private K-12 School Placements
- Monthly Stipend of 3,000 RMB (~485 USD)
- Meals and Accommodations Included
- 24/7 Support
- August 25, 2013 (Application Deadline: July 15)
- February 25, 2014 (Application Deadline: January 15)
About the program costs:
$200 is a deposit for your school’s visa paperwork to hire you as a teacher. This will be returned to you upon arrival in China.
The other $200 is to cover the administrative costs of arranging your placement, orientation, and support network throughout the program.
Program costs do not include the airfare to China, or your visa application fees.
Get TEFL Certified!
Prepare yourself to get in front of a classroom! Take the 170 Hour Professional Online TEFL Course before you go and participate in this program for free!*
*The $200 deposit is still required. You will be refunded this deposit when you arrive in China.
Program Details and What’s Included:
- Paid teaching placement in China
- Only one semester minimum contract, with option to extend
- Monthly salary of 3,000 RMB (-485 USD, including 2000RMB stipend and 1000RMB living allowance)
- Basic Medical and Accident Insurance
- Pre-departure support and orientation
- 2 say orientation upon arrival with other new teachers
- Airport pickup
- Transportation to your placement
- Free accommodation in an apartment or school dormitory
- 3 meals per day included
- Business Visa processing (does not include the application fee at your local consulate)
- 24 Hour In-country Support for duration of the program
- Free introductory online Mandarin classes
- Cultural excursions
- “Culture Smart” China Customs & Culture Guidebook
- Fluent English speaker
- High School Degree or above
- At least 19 years old
- Citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or European Union
- Age 20-48
- Teaching experience or TEFL certification is a plus
Want to make a positive, long-lasting impact on your community? Is there a great project or idea in your new community that could use funding for further growth? Apply for a Greenheart Grant!
Sound like your kind of adventure? Learn more!
Ready to take the leap? Request an application here.
Looking for a short-term teaching opportunity?
If you are interested in shorter term teaching opportunities, please check out our Language Exchange Homestay (LEH) program! The LEH program offers full immersion with a host family in China, France, Belgium, Italy or Thailand in exchange for a few hours of English lessons per week.