Teach in Chile
Greenheart Travel’s Teach English in Chile program has full support from the Chilean Ministry of Education ensuring your program is the most immersive and impactful English education program in Chile. We are proud to partner with English Opens Doors, a unique program run by the Chilean Ministry of
Education and the United Nations Development Programme in Chile. The mission of
the program is to motivate and strengthen English language teaching in the
educational community in which volunteers are immersed. This program offers the unique opportunity to
become immersed in Chilean culture and the Spanish language, while allowing
volunteers to make tangible difference in the lives of Chilean students.
June 17, 2013 – November 30, 2013 (5.5 months)
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for US Citizens: February 25*
Deadline for non-US citizens: March 11
*United States citizens will need to turn their applications in earlier, due to more lengthy visa processes. FBI Criminal Background checks are mandatory for volunteers’ visa applications in the US, and can take up to eight weeks to be processed.
- 4-8 month programs
- Monthly allowance of 60.000 CLP (~$125 USD)
- Room and board with local host family
- Airport pickup
- Transportation to placement
- Health insurance
- Arrival Orientation in Santiago
- Placement as a co-teacher in a Chilean public school
- Pre-departure support and orientation
- Arrival orientation with TEFL workshops, teaching tips, and cross-cultural training
- Airport pickup on designated arrival days
- Visa Application assistance
- Assistance obtaining Chilean ID Card
- Accommodations with host family, including 3 meals per day
- Round-trip transportation from Santiago to regional placement site
- E-Learning Spanish course
- Regional Teaching and Logistical Support
- “Culture Smart” Chilean Customs & Culture Guidebook
- Medical insurance benefits and coverage
- Certification by the Chilean Ministry of Education upon completion of service
- Host family placement
- You will receive your regional placement information two weeks prior to your start date. You will find out specific information about your city or town, your school, co-teacher, and host family towards the end of orientation in Santiago and upon your arrival in your region.
- Native or Near Native English speaker
- BA/BS degree in any field
- Age 21-35
- Citizen of US, CA, UK, Ireland, AU, NZ, or S. Africa
- Sincere dedication to the mission of supporting English language learning in Chilean public schools
Is this program right for you?
Get all of your questions answered on our FAQs page!
Want to make even more of a positive, long-lasting impact on your community? Is there a great project or idea in your new community that could use funding for further growth? Apply for a Greenheart Grant!
Sound like your kind of adventure? Learn more!