Language Exchange Homestay
Parlez-vous francais? Parli italiano? Kun-pood-pa-sa-thai-dai-mai? Learning a foreign language is essential in today’s world. But learning a language is more than studying from a text book or listening to CDs: it’s about immersing yourself in that language and experiencing true cultural exchange.
Greenheart Travel’s Language Exchange Homestay (LEH) program offers exactly that: full immersion with a host family in Belgium, France, Italy, Spain or Thailand in exchange for a few hours of English lessons per week. You’ll get to explore a country vastly different from your own while keeping your travel costs to a minimum.
- Host family search, screening and placement process
- Single room accommodation with carefully screened host family
- Three meals a day for duration of program
- Local office support
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Pre-departure orientation
- Culture & Etiquette Guidebook
- Enhance your resume with experience as a Private Language Tutor
- Learn a new language through immersion in a different culture and country
- Arrival Orientation (Thailand and Spain only)
Is this program for you?
This is the perfect program for adults of all ages looking for a true cultural immersion experience. Are you a…
- teacher planning to travel during your summer break or holidays?
- college student taking a semester off or planning to travel over the summer?
- retiree looking for adventure?
- high school graduate wanting to gain world experience before starting college?
- traveler who wants to experience full cultural immersion while teaching English abroad?
Language Exchange Homestay participants are welcome to stay for one, two or three months anytime throughout the year.
The application is due 8 weeks prior to your date of departure (12 weeks for Thailand). We may be able to accommodate late applications, but they will be considered on a case-by-case basis, especially during the summer months.