Language Exchange Homestay in France
The Language Exchange Homestay (LEH) program offers the opportunity for participants to become a conversation friend in a local family while sharing their everyday life.
Participants spend approximately 15 hours per week conversing with members of the host family to improve their fluency in English. The rest of the time is yours to taste some of France’s world class wine and immerse yourself in French language, culture and lifestyle. The French are very proud of their contributions to art, literature, philosophy, architecture, films, sports, food and wine. From the Alps near the Italian and Swiss borders to the forest covered Vosges Mountains in the northeast, the Pyrénées along the Spanish border and the beaches on the Mediterranean, France offers breathtaking scenery. Don’t just study a new language, become a part of it!
Where Will You Stay?
Homestay placements are located throughout the country so it is very important to be flexible about your placement location. Most host family placements are in medium to small cities with larger cities easily accessible via public transportation. As a language exchange homestay participant, you will be warmly welcomed into a host family's home, while having the opportunity to explore the area on your own.
1 month - $1,455
2 months - $1,635
3 months - $1,810
Get $100 off if you apply for a language immersion program before March 2013!
What are participants are saying about the program:
"The experience was absolutely wonderful! The family was such a great match and so kind! I was constantly blown away by their generosity and openness. I loved everything about the trip, even though I did get a bit seasick on their sailboat! But we laughed through it and I feel like even though it was just a short month, I learned a lot of really great things. This has definitely inspired me to want to know more about the rest of the world and I'm sure I'll do another trip soon! I think this program was really well organized and I felt comfortable in every aspect of the experience, even if it did stretch me! Thank you for all of the work you did on your end to make it possible." Brittany Bauman, Language Exchange Homestay participant in France
- Host family search, screening and placement process
- Single room accommodation with carefully screened host family
- Three meals a day for duration of program
- Local office support
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Pre-departure orientation
- Culture & Etiquette Guidebook
- Enhance your resume with experience as a Private Language Tutor
- Learn a new language through immersion in a different culture and country
- At least 18 years old - retirees welcome!
- Speak fluent English, German or Spanish (other languages depend on specific demand)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or be in the process of getting one
- Relevant experience is a bonus
- Be a citizen of the EU, USA, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa or Canada
Is this Program for You?
This is the perfect program for adults of all ages looking for a true cultural immersion experience. Are you a…
- teacher planning to travel during your summer break or holidays?
- college student taking a semester off or planning to travel over the summer?
- retiree looking for adventure?
- high school graduate wanting to gain world experience before starting college?
- traveler who wants to experience full cultural immersion while teaching English abroad?
Picture yourself in France and check out our participant's photos!
Get More Information
Interested in taking French classes in France? Check out our Language Schools in France.
Discounted TEFL With Greenheart Travel!
Greenheart Travel has partnered with Global English, a respected provider of TEFL certification for over 10 years, to bring Greenheart Travel participants a high quality course in Teaching English as a Foreign Language at a discounted rate.