Summer English Academy
CCI Greenheart's Summer English Academy (SEA) offers an intensive English language program for students 14 to 18 on beautiful boarding school campuses in a choice of two destinations:
These three week courses are led by certified ESL teachers who offer creative language lessons and recreational activities each week day.
Schools & Organizations
Not a student or organization?
- Must be a teenager between the ages of 14 and 18 years old
- Have studied the English language for a minimum of two years
- Each participant and parent or guardian must complete an interview (in-person, or via Skype or phone) with a CCI Greenheart representative prior to acceptance to the summer camp
- Must be willing to abide by CCI Greenheart Code of Conduct
SEA is all inclusive! Both programs include:
- Residential accommodation (double occupancy) on a boarding school campus located in safe neighborhoods outside of the city center
- 24-hour supervision by CCI Greenheart staff
- Three (3) meals per day
- 16 hours per week of English as a second language (ESL) classes
- All ESL course books and learning materials
- Full day excursions each weekend (4 on 3-week program)
- One mid-week, off-site excursion per week
- Daily activities on campus including one Greenheart service activity
- Accident and medical insurance
- Certificate of Completion provided at end of the summer program
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure days provide arrival or departure time is between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Visa support letter, if applicable
Price: $3,700 USD
A $75 non-refundable deposit is required upon acceptance to the program in order to reserve space on the program.
International airfare and any fees associated with obtaining a passport and visa are the responsibility of the participant.
About the Teachers
Our ESL teachers are native English speakers that have taught English for at least 2 years, have experience teaching teenagers, and many of them have taught abroad and understand what it is like to learn a new language. As such, they create a fun, welcoming learning environment in which students feel comfortable practicing English, in and out of the classroom. Class lessons, afternoon activities and meal times foster English speaking among the students and teachers and their international peers.
Greenheart Volunteer Project
SEA provides one English class centered on the topic of community service to teach students:
- what it means to give back to one’s community
- why service is important
- how to participate in community service
Students are then given the opportunity to put what they learned into action! Students contribute to the host community by participating in a Greenheart volunteer community service project. Past projects have included:
- volunteering at a state park on trail restoration
- gardening on a community farm to learn about organic farming and healthy eating habits