ESL Summer Camp in the U.S. for Teens
For a limited time we are offering a $100 discount from the full program fee for SEA Northern California! A $100 discount will be offered to any complete application received by June 21st.
CCI's Summer English Academy (SEA) offers an intensive English language program for students 14 to 18 on beautiful boarding school campuses in a choice of two destinations: Northern California or New York's Hudson River Valley. These two and three week courses are led by certified ESL teachers who offer creative language lessons and recreational activities each week day.
Why Choose CCI’s Summer English Academy:
- Experienced and engaging staff members
- Exciting New York City and San Francisco excursions
- Exclusive boarding school locations
- Ratio of 1:12 ESL teachers to students in all classes
- Greenheart volunteer projects
- Diverse multinational participants
Read about the program in your language:
"Mikito was selected for the Osaka global program (they only selected 48 students out of about 170). He definitely gained interest in English, thanks to the SEA program. I thank you for this." - Mr. Yoshikawa, father of Mikito, a Japanese student who attended the SEA program in NY State in 2011
"The students enjoyed the program very much and were glad to have made many friends from the world, also they liked your teachers very much. Thank you again for providing so excellent summer camp for the students." - Mr. Zhang, father a Chinese student who attended the SEA program in California in 2012
CCI offers the Summer English Academy in two desirable locations: New York and Northern California (near San Francisco). Highlights of each school include:
NEW YORK STATE PROGRAM: July 13 – July 27, 2013 (2 weeks)
- Located on a lush, 63 acre boarding school campus that includes six tennis courts, three soccer fields, two baseball diamonds, wooded areas, academic and administrative buildings, an 11,000 volume library
- Grade 6-12 independent, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school, founded in 1796
- 90 minutes from New York City
- New York City: Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, South Street Seaport, Times Square, “Top of the Rock,” Rockefeller Center, and Central Park;
- Hudson River Cruise
Price: $2,850 USD
View the SEA New York Program brochure
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA PROGRAM: July 26 – August 16, 2013 (3 weeks)
- Located on a beautiful boarding school campus on the northern coast of California in the Russian River Valley, next to the river
- Grade 6-12 independent, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school, founded in 1926
- Healthy and delicious food menu prepared by an in-house chef
- San Francisco: Golden Gate Park, Exploratorium San Francisco, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square;
- Muir Woods
- Pacific Ocean beach
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Price: $3,550 USD
View the SEA Northern California brochure
Both programs include:
- Residential accommodation (double occupancy) on a boarding school campus
- 24-hour supervision by CCI staff
- All meals throughout the summer camp
- 16 hours per week of English as a second language (ESL) classes.
- All ESL course books and learning materials
- Full day excursions each weekend (2 on 2-week program, 4 on 3-week program)
- One mid-week, off-site excursion per week
- Daily activities on campus including one Greenheart service activity
- Accident and medical insurance
- Certificate of Completion provided at end of the summer program
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure days, provide arrival or departure time is between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Participants are responsible for international airfare and pocket money for personal expenses.
- For teens between 14 and 18
- Have studied the English language (ESL) for a minimum of two years
- Be willing to abide by CCI’s Code of Conduct
NOTE: Each participant and parent or guardian must complete a Skype or phone interview with a CCI representative prior to acceptance to the summer camp.
How to Apply
Participants: Complete the online SEA Application. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will be accepting direct applicants to this ESL program.
Schools/Organizations/Sending Partners: Please contact us via the Sending Partner Inquiry Form.